I always knew we would end up with a pocketfold invite, but I guess I never considered that they would be significantly heavier than your average invitation and would require a lot more postage. The invitations Champ and I have received were usually delivered with two stamps, and I figured ours would be no different. Just to make sure, I decided to go to the post office to get them weighed (which I highly suggest you do if you're unsure). The first post office I went to quoted me 76 cents per invitation- a hefty pricetag, but one I was expecting. The second post office I went to told me that our invitations were too stiff for their machine and we would have to send them at the package rate of $1.51 per invitation. Um whaaaaa? At nearly twice the original quoted price, I took my chance at an eighty cent stamp and mailed them out at the post office where I was quoted the lesser amount. Risky? perhaps- but I saved a good chunk of change.
Here's the stamp we chose. It's really the only 80 cent stamp I could find, but I thought it actually fit our winter wedding perfectly!
Mount McKinley 80 cent stamp:


I know that some of the bees have sent out boxed invitations, and I can only imagine how much those cost. Has anyone else been quoted a rediculous amount of money for postage for your invites?!
No comments:
Post a Comment