Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How do YOU say love?

We've got this idea, and like most of my ideas, I'll need the hive's help to pull it off. Instead of having the traditional table numbers, we'd like to add a bit of romance to the theme. So this is what I'm thinking: each table is named after "love" in a foreign language.

Here's the list we've got so far:



If you look at this list, you might see a problem. Number one, most of the traditional romance languages are very similar, "amore" "amor" "amour". So that leaves us only one choice out of those. Number two: how will guests realize that their table number really means "love" if they can't pronounce it or decipher the language characters.

We could have the table numbers have an explanation on them, suggested by Documents and Designs Custom Stationary. Here's an example of a few table numbers:



Champ's idea is to change things around so that not every table necessarily has to mean "love".

Are there any foreign languages that have simple words for "marriage", or "commitment", "I love you" or "adoration"? What do you think we should do?

No comments: