Grandmother Susie's fur... a chestnut classic fit.

Grandmother Hazel's fur... much darker with extended bodice. At first I thought the brown would be too dark, but it could bring out the dark tone in my champagne color dress.

So in addition to these two choices, I looked around for some other cover-up faux fur choices.
******************************************************************
CHAMP- READ ANY FURTHER AND YOU MAY BE HURT (ps I love you)
******************************************************************
Just for kicks, I tried a white stole at the bridal shop while I had on my dress.

Didn't really like it, but I guess it allowed me to picture the dress with a fur... Please excuse the very large paper clips on my bum

I've always loved the bolero style, and it can be beautiful with a fitted dress. The only problem I have with boleros is that I'll need more warmth!

(source: wonderful wraps)
This is actually a "champagne" colored faux fur... could go well with my dress, but I would want to find a pretty jewel to fasten it together. Eh, I don't know.

(source: Megafurs)
And for some "real bride" inspiration, a fellow longtime Vail girl was married last December and had a beautiful fur, and the color is similar to Grandma Susie's stole.

I thought Grandmother Hazel's fur was going to be too dark, but then I see these beautiful pictures!


(source: Anna Kuperberg Photography)
So now I wait for my dress to arrive so I can either choose Susie, Hazel, or something else. I would love for this to be my something old!
What was your something old, and how did you pay tribute to the owner?

No comments:
Post a Comment