Monday, September 1, 2008

My greatest struggle..

Finding the perfect wedding shoe may be the hardest part of the wedding process for me. Now I know this is a hard decision for many brides, but it's a decision that's not only based on style and comfort, it's based on the actual shape of my feet. I've got a form of Muscular Dystrophy called Charcot Marie Tooth Disease (just the names of the doctors- no teeth involved!). It's caused my feet and legs to be pretty uncomfortable at times, and a few years ago I had reconstructive surgery on all ten toes.


I guess it wasn't as painful as it sounds or looks but they put pins in all ten toes. Ok..maybe it was as bad as it sounds, but as a result it's tough to find shoes that feel good.



My dream heels by Giuseppe Zanotti Style E86128. If only I could wear 4.5 inch heels for 8 hours. I truthfully admire anyone who can.






Here's Ava by Benjamin Adams. I really love this shoe, but it's definitely one I would have to "break in" and probably have professionally stretched to make comfortable.







So this is Karnac by Stuart Weitzman. It's very classic "bride", and it's even dyable. I'm thinking though, if I'm spending the money on Stuart Weitzman, I won't want to dye them! It's also a bit high and narrow for my comfort!







This one, Tallulah also by Stuart Weizman, has a much lower heel (2.5") and would probably be more practical, but it has the same cost dilemma. I don't think I would ever wear this again, but who knows.










And these champagne colored diamante shoes are really cute, and pretty affordable, but they may be a tad too high.







Continuing with our gold and ivory theme, these Lisa Kay Peep toes in gold would be so cute under my dress. I love the flower on the toe, and I think it adds that romantic touch on a shoe that could otherwise scream tacky. Bottom line? I love it





I guess my search for the perfect comfortable shoe will just have to continue...

Has anyone actually been lucky enough to wear your "dream shoe" the day of your wedding? I'm just happy that many brides these days are switching to flip flops while on the dance floor!

No comments: