Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fancy cake hats

If there's one accessory or detail I haven't really thought about, it's probably the cake topper. I guess I never considered even having one until I saw how much variation there is these days. From clay custom models to adorable little birds, there really is a style for every couple.

We'll start with the classic monogram and script cake toppers:
Monogram topper from The Flirty Bride

I could be totally wrong, but I think this says "happiness", in which case I love it!

This one is so basic, but I really love the monogram look.


Sport themed toppers:
Champ and I are both big sport fans, and we can usually be found on the golf course during the weekends. We're not great, but we love it! These come in so many sport themes, but I wish the bride had a golf bag, too!

Ok so this is a fun idea. Have a "split household?" The bride roots for one team, while the groom roots for another? You can actually pick the two teams you want! I had to include the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry because Champ is from Boston!


Custom toppers:
Probably the most realistic custom cake toppers I've seen are from Thumbprint Kids. Seriously, check out the original photos compared to the topper.

Custom clay toppers from knottie cassiopa by Corporate Gig.


Can't forget about the birds and the bees:
The infamous Ann Wood birds. Adorable!

Classic doves... a little dove embrace.

Lauren Lane custom cake toppers. Highly recommended Lauren Lane is so creative...I love the little glasses- so cute!

I love this one! It's a robot bee cake topper from etsy seller Builderstudio. He also makes secret agent toppers and a few others. So unique, and Champ has always wanted to be a secret agent!


More bees!! These are created by etsy seller Miss Bea Haven with a combination of newspaper, wire, styrofoam, paint, stain, and polyurethane.

Cultural and Same sex figurines
These have improved a bunch, and often can be used as mix and match pieces.



image source

Western themes:
Ok so maybe we're not your typical country folk, but we'll be getting married in the west!



Beach weddings!!
Whenever I see beach themes, it makes me want to ditch the snow idea. There's something about the sand and seashells that I just love.


images

And for the non-traditional couple, how about a few polaroid pics on the cake!!



So even though I never really considered a cake topper before, after seeing all the options it's definitely going to be a tough choice!

Will your cake wear a fancy hat?!

No comments: